The degree course is designed to provide young people in Europe and the Mediterranean region with a tertiary-level education in the related disciplines of digital animation and videogames. Students who opt for this course will be able to obtain a professional qualification combining theoretical knowledge with practical workshops and cultural events to support the training activities.
The learner will be able to:
- Develop a portfolio/showreel for 3D and 2D animation products.
- Develop games and apps for various devices and platforms.
- Understand the theoretical basis of game and film studies, including history, criticism, theories on the image, etc.
- Get to know the production pipeline, interact with peers and superiors, meet deadlines and deliver the requested products.
- Become familiar with the work environment thanks to workshops and internships.
The “Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Digital Arts – with specialisation in Animations or Video Games [BA (Hons) Digital Arts]” prefers a programmed number access aimed to develop classes of almost twenty-five students in order to allow the teachers to follow each of them individually, and direct them towards those which might be some possible career opportunities based on their abilities, skills, preferences and aspirations. The third year, specifically, is structured in such a way as to allow students to personalize their study plan, with choice exams that go to deepen and consolidate the knowledge acquired during the first two years, and internships activated at major national and international companies. Both the animation world that what the video games have multi-faceted professional fields where specialization plays a key role, but for which it is equally important to have a culture at 360 ° of the sector; and although highly competitive and selective, both industries are always looking for new professionals, as evidenced by two of the largest Boards Jobs dedicated to video games and animation. At the end of the three-year course, students will possess the basic knowledge and skills that will enable them to enter the industry holding positions as:
- Game Designer
- Art Director
- 3D Artist
- Lightning & Rendering Expert
- Fur, Partycles & Fluids Expert
- 2D Artist
- Layout Designer
- Concept & Storyboard Artist
- Character Designer
- UI Expert
- Web Designer
- Game Tester
- VFX Artist
- Sound Designer
- Marketing Manager